When weather conditions and safety standards can not be mot, landing on Hashima (Gunkanjima) will not be allowed. It is estimated that there are about 100 days annually that weather conditions are suitable for landing.
Visiting and use of Hashima pier and facilities
- Use of Hashima pier has been approved for our planned sailing routes
- Visiting facilities in Hashima (Gunkanjima)
The places tour participants are allowed to access at Hashima (Gunkanjima) are Sambashi, pier, an open area and a tour route (about 220 meters). You are strictly prohibited from entering other areas.
- Dress on the tour
Wear well-fitting shoes and clothes in which you can move easily (Don’t wear flat shoes or high heels), and bring a raincoat (No umbrellas).
- Taking pictures of Gunkanjima
You are able to take pictures of Hashima (Gunkanjima) from the ferry or at the tour spots in Hashima.
Profile of Hashima
- About 19km southwest from Motohuna Pier and about 4.5km west from Nagasaki Peninsula.
- Area : 63,000m² (6.3ha)
- Circumference : 1,200m
- Length : north to south 480m east to west 160m
Nagasaki City ordinance allows landing on Gunkanjima only when it meets natural conditions and safety standards. It is estimated that about 100 days annually meet the safety standards. Entrance fee to Hashima ( landing fee)
Hashima (landing fee)
|Candidate||Amount of money|
|Visitors||Individuals||Group (15 people and more)|
|Adults and students (12 and older)||¥310||¥250|
∗crusing fee is not included
Weather and other conditions for using Hashima’s (Gunkanjima’s) pier for landing
Arrange one or more guides which perform a visitor’s guidance etc.
- [The standard in the case of forbidding use of a pier]
- 1. When the wind velocity reaches above 5 meters.
- 2. The visibility is 500 meters or less.
- 3. The wave hight reaches above 0.5 meters.
∗Even when conditions are met, the captain has the authority to decide whether the pier can be used.
The company’s safety measures
- Use of a safety personnel.
In order to keep visitors safe the Company employs at least one safely personnel for every 20 visitors.
- Collection of safety contracts
The Company thoroughly instructs visitors on safety rules before the tour and collect all safety contracts.
- Deciding if conditions are appropriate to use the pier and land on the island
- [Weather and sea conditions]
- The captain will not use the pier when he decides that circumstances apply to the City’s criteria prohibiting the use of the pier and that visitor’s safety can not be guaranteed. The safety administrator will promptly report it to the City.
- The captain will not allow visitors to land on Hashima when embarking and disembarking facilities such as the pier have problems and dangers are acknowledged. And the safety administrator will promptly report it to the City.
- The safety personnel will not allow visitors to land when the visitors are not wearing appropriate shoes for safe walking and their physical conditions may make the landing dangerous. etc…
- [On the boat]
- Passengers are expected to follow the regulations onboard and instructions of the captain and the crew.
Policies about landing on Gunkanjima.
- [When all the requirements are met]
- Landing is allowed
- [When the passengers are not able to land on Hashima (Gunkanjima) ]
- Only sailing to Hashima (Gunkanjima)
If you cancel a tour or decrease the number of people,
we would like to charge backward from the day before a departure date as follows.
|Before the 10th||Up to 10 days notice (counting from the day before the tour)||Up to 7 days notice (counting from the day before the tour)|
|0% of tour fare||20% of tour fare||30% of tour fare|
|Cancellation on the day before the tour||Cancellation on the day of the tour||Cancellation after the tour started or no-show without notice|
|40% of tour fare||50% of tour fare||100% of tour fare|